Atlas Field Services, LLC is looking for a seasoned, high-energy, and driven experienced Business Development Manager with strong knowledge of, and experience with the utilities market, especially in the natural gas and electrical utility market. You will be responsible for the direction and management of sales and business development with strategic utility companies. The Business Development Manager will drive the company’s achievement of its sales volume as well as revenue goals.
Business Development Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define Business Development objectives to increase profitable user acquisition and new business growth
- Negotiate and close major partnerships
- Monitor competitive partnership activity and stay ahead of the competition
- Define tools and processes needed to support exponential growth in user acquisition through partner
- Lead a Sales Team to grow company revenues in new accounts
- Maintain a minimum gross margin for all projects sold
- Manage a sales cycle from prospect to close
- Strategically position the companies value proposition
- Identify the needs of our customers, at a business level and conduct initial discovery calls and propose solutions as appropriate.
- Consistently meet and exceed your quarterly and annual sales targets
- Maintain accurate forecast and sales pipeline
HOURS OF WORK: Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly weekends depending on the needs of clients. This is a full-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Challenger Profile: Demonstrated ability to interface with and influence senior level executives as SME – Professionalism – Rapport/trust building skills
- Strong prospecting and opportunity management skills
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated success within the Electrical Utility and Smart Grid space.
- Proven success leading dynamic sales teams across multiple regions.
- Strong strategic thinker with solid technical skills Ability to train, tailor and control a sales cycle in a complex sales environment
- Ability to perform discoveries to uncover critical business issues within prospect accounts
- Team Player; good conflict management /consensus building skills
- Problem solver. Uses good judgment and approaches opportunities strategically
- Strong drive and initiative – motivated.
- Displays Win/Win Negotiating skills Ability to manage customer expectations relative to deliverables and timeframes.
- Strong Customer Service Skills, including the ability to develop rapport and trust with customers Strong Business Acumen. Recognizes complimentary solutions
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree. MBA a plus.
- 6+ years of work experience in new business development or sales experience in related industries (Utilities/Energy/Gas)
- 3+ years of natural gas and power & utilities industry experience
- Understanding of natural gas and power & utilities industry landscape
- Ability to analyze and apply industry trends
- Superior follow-through and follow-up skills
- An excellent written communicator • Entrepreneurial
- A track record of developing successful win-win partnerships
- 2+ years managing a team (preferred)
- Minimum three years’ experience in operations in a professional setting.
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-based environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience working with remote workers
What We Offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Smart phone allowance
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance and LTD